Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
Public Media Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for all employees. Inclusion is one of our core values, wherein we respect the broad diversity of our communities and strive to reflect it in our programs, services, board, and staff.View EEO Public File Report
Position Title: Chief Content Officer (CCO)
Industry: Public Television
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Communications Team, Production, and Programming
Public Media Connect (CET and ThinkTV) is currently looking for a Chief Content Officer. As the CCO you will be leading a creative and dynamic content team across multiple platforms. The CCO will serve as the strategic leader and visionary in the production and multi-platform services for programs with regional, national, and international distribution. The CCO will also seek to expand the stations’ reach and opportunities beyond public television, including international co- productions, and other streaming and distribution platforms.
The CCO will oversee all content and marketing operations and lead with a bold strategic vision for station growth. He or She will be a leader who embraces creative storytelling, digital, and social platforms and innovative media strategy. The CCO will build a culture of collaboration, achievement and distinction, driving PMC’s transition to a more collaborative, can- do culture that values big ideas and cross platform successes.
- A successful history of leading, building, assembling and managing creative, high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Experience leading complex strategic and business initiatives in a multiplatform environment, including prior direct oversight of content development and production of television, digital, and other media.
- Significant experience with strategic programming, content, and business disciplines to deliver successful offerings in the rapidly changing and highly competitive media universe.
- A passion for the power of telling stories about arts/culture, education and public affairs that enhance the quality of life for both residents of and visitors to the region.
- Keen understanding of the station’s target audience (demographic and psychographic), including a deep appreciation of what drives/motivates this audience, how they utilize a wide range of traditional and digital media, and how their consumption patterns are changing.
- Strong knowledge about the digital media landscape, including a deep understanding of trends, opportunities and category direction, as well as direct cross-platform expertise.
- Understanding and experience in children’s education programming is desirable.
- Strong leadership experience and skills that include the ability to attract, hire, train, motivate, coach and retain. A demonstrated ability to lead others and achieve results in a team-oriented environment, while fostering belonging in a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
- Exceptional degree of emotional intelligence, displaying a collaborative, transparent, and communicative work style that results in excellence of execution and a supportive/ effective work environment.
- Full resonance with the values of the station.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills and the ability to make effective presentations, including with Board and senior level external constituents.
- An excitement about and a commitment to the mission of the station, and a strong desire to serve its various constituencies, including the community.
- Exceptional business, operational, and administrative skills.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Demonstrated experience as a transparent, empathetic, and proactive communicator with staff, peers, and subordinates. Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of leadership while inspiring.
- An understanding of the values, sound and sensibility of PBS and enthusiasm for the station, the region, and the value of localism. Knowledge of public media is desirable.
- An understanding of digital behavior and current/emerging digital platforms; experience building audiences, leading the integration of content, including local, national, and international content across platforms.
- A strong track record of applying insights from analytics and benchmarks to content decisions on air and online.
- Familiar with PBS programming distribution, costs and agreements.
- Travel from Cincinnati and Dayton stations will be required on an as needed basis.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Director of Programming
Status: Exempt, full time
Reports to: CCO (Chief Content Officer)
DESCRIPTION: Management staff position oversees Traffic Department. This person develops and manages broadcast and non-broadcast program services and distribution.
The Director of Programming at CET/ThinkTV is a full-time position leading a collaborative, supportive, and passionate Programming and Traffic Team. The position is responsible for developing programing service and broadcast schedules for CET and ThinkTV Public Television. This work emphasizes the distribution of Public Media Connect’s content as well as acquiring a variety of content to serve Dayton and Cincinnati’s diverse audiences.
Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this positon can be based in Cincinnati or Dayton and serve both markets.
- Develop program services and plan broadcast schedules for all of PMC’s 13 channels.
- Oversee broadcast air for a consistent look and mix of interstitial elements.
- Acquire programs and manage program inventory.
- Serve as liaison to Ohio’s PTV programmers and promote statewide distribution of PMC Productions.
- Work with local and outside producers on prepping their work for submission to national program distributors.
- Coordinate program services with Social Media, Development/Underwriting and Production.
- Maintain adherence to PBS guidelines; advise producers on producing PBS-suitable productions.
- Evaluate audience data for staff and for PMC Boards.
- Work with other institutions and groups in the community to assure utilization of programming,
- Supply editorial copy for member magazines and social media sites.
- Schedule and lead a monthly program meeting to share programming highlights
- Oversee Traffic and Operations staff.
- Respond to viewer inquiries and concerns via, letter, email and phone.
- Manage expense budget at the direction of the CCO and COO.
- Maintain Quarterly Program Topic Reports for CET 48.1, ThinkTV 16.1 and ThinkTV 14.1.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of broadcast programming
- Knowledge of PBS Programs
- Leadership skills and experience leading a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of public media program providers
- Knowledge of the people, issues, and cultures of Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio
If interested please send resume to email@example.com
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer