Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
ThinkTV is an equal opportunity employer.View EEO Public File Report
Grants Writing Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager of Grant Writing at CET/ThinkTV is a new, full-time position on a collaborative, supportive, and passionate development team (with the potential for growth within the company) The position is responsible for securing funding for CET and ThinkTV Public Television needs through prospect research, writing and timely submission of high-quality, compelling letters of inquiry, proposals and grant reports to new and existing corporate and private funders. In addition to writing grants, this position may assist with planning small events and carrying a small portfolio of individual donors.
Reporting to the Director of Major & Planned Giving, this position is based in Cincinnati but will also secure grants for the Greater Dayton region, too.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of duties required to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to public and private grant sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to identify potential sources of funding and evaluate prospects.
- Work directly with all essential staff and employees to gain relevant information for proposals needed or required for each grant submittal.
- Lead and maintain a proposal calendar and annual grants strategy.
- Create and maintain up-to-date language regarding the organization and the organization’s programs.
- Maintain current records in the donor database and in physical files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Actively participate in Development Team meetings, projects, and activities.
- Assist with community events during occasional evenings and weekends.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills, with proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to work under minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Exhibit strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated prospect research, analytical and planning skills.
- High-level computer literacy skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with internet research techniques.
- Self-starter wanting to take initiative on projects
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years minimum experience in development, grant writing and strategic fundraising in securing grants up to $100,000 or more
- OR 3+ years minimum experience working in a non- profit, volunteer, or fundraising
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Public Media Connect (PMC), the regional public television partnership of ThinkTV in Dayton, CET in Cincinnati and the Southwestern Ohio Instructional Technology Association (SOITA) in Dayton, is looking for an experienced part-time Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager for PMC, this Dayton-based position will be responsible for a variety of Accounts Receivable and Administrative functions including, but not limited to:
Performing all aspects of the Accounts Receivable function, including working with vendors, entering invoices and processing payments into the bank, plus the following:
- Process and send monthly billings for SOITA, ThinkTV and CET.
- Posts payments by recording cash, checks and credit card transactions.
- Weekly input & reconciliation of donations from the Membership Department.
- Ensures PMC collects its funds in a timely and accurate manner
- Conducts collections calls on outstanding invoices and reviews with Accounting Manager when necessary.
- Investigates and helps resolve any account discrepancies.
- Strives to meet or exceed customer expectations and focusing on continuous improvement in the daily processes of conducting business.
- Assist the Finance Department with administrative duties as well as ordering and stocking of office supplies and snacks.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who values speed and accuracy and has an eye for improving inefficient processes. Additionally, this candidate will have:
- Experience using Sage accounting software.
- 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience, preferred.
- Experience making collections call, required.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.
Job Type: Part Time
Hours per week:
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Email: hr(at)thinktv(dot)org or call 937-220-1745
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer