Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
Public Media Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for all employees. Inclusion is one of our core values, wherein we respect the broad diversity of our communities and strive to reflect it in our programs, services, board, and staff.View EEO Public File Report
Donor Relations Associate
Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization formed by the PBS stations of CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton has an opening for a Donor Relations Associate. The Donor Relations Associate will provide relationship management, solicitation, stewardship and administrative support for the major, planned and mid-level giving programs, assist in the management and execution of fundraising events and other projects, and other day to day tasks supporting Major, Planned and Midlevel Giving. This role reports to the Director, Major and Planned Giving and is based at our ThinkTV station in Dayton, Ohio. On occasion, will require hours to be worked outside the normal workday and commuting to our Cincinnati Station.
- Create and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual mid-level ($250-$999) gift donor strategies.
- Act as primary relationship manager for a large portfolio of individual prospects; playing lead role in stewardship, moves-management, soliciting and closing mid-level gifts. Note that the most of this relationship building will occur via phone and email.
- Make regular phone calls to donors (average 10 calls a day), with the purpose of asking them to upgrade their gift or join monthly donor program.
- Develop a ‘moves management’ program for mid-level donors, ultimately creating high-level prospects for the major donor team.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve revenue goals.
- Track and reconcile all major and planned gifts monthly with Membership database and Finance team.
- Assist with review and verification of mid-level and major gift donor recognition lists.
- Collaborate with Membership team member to consistently improve our member database.
- Track and report relationship management activity including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current donors.
- Manage the major donor renewal, thank you and acquisition mailings using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Conduct prospect research using online tools and analysis on current/prospective individuals and foundations.
- Assist in database annotation for major and planned giving donors and reference.
- Maintain Allegiance software with various donor information.
- Collaborate with various departments for events or other promotion activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualities :
- 2+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience preferred or 2+ years experience in relationship management and sales, or other related skills to fundraising, are also encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Entrepreneurial Sprit
- Detail oriented, strong time-management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills required, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with a relational database such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge preferred but not required.
- Ability to smoothly work with multiple objectives simultaneously
- Skilled in consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to anticipate problems and quickly solve them
- Strong customer-service skills
- Flexibility in hours of work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Location: This is a hybrid position, requiring in-office work a minimum of three days per week at the ThinkTV offices in Dayton.
If interested and qualified, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Oversees all aspects of human resource department for the organization
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Review benefits and try to maximize job satisfaction while keeping cost of benefits package under control.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and manage HRIS system.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Summary: The Marketing Specialist will assist the Director of Communications and Digital Strategies with marketing and communications projects across all platforms, including broadcast, social media, the websites, print and more for both ThinkTV and CET. The Marketing Specialist should be an excellent writer with strong project management skills and the ability to work with a diverse team while developing relationships with local media and executing station outreach. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Digital Strategies and can be based out of either CET in Cincinnati or ThinkTV in Dayton.
- Write and distribute press releases while building and maintaining relationships with local media in Cincinnati and in Dayton.
- Develop content for and then execute marketing campaigns across all platforms, including web, email, on-air and social media.
- Assemble content for and proofread the Public Media Connect membership magazine.
- Create content for the CETconnect.org and thinktv.org websites.
- Develop the promo lineup for on-air spots.
- Participate in the creation of social media content, podcasts and digital videos alongside the communications specialist.
- Assist with the assembly and analysis of analytics reports.
- Participate in station and community events – a few on the weekends and in the evenings – as assigned by the manager.
- Stay up-to-date on PBS programs and initiatives, both on-air and online.
- Three years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships with members of the local media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of digital and broadcast platforms.
- Ability to work with a manager who may not be at the same location.
- Passion for PBS programs and services.
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ)
Industry: Public Television
Reports to: Director of Local Content
Based: Cincinnati, Ohio or Dayton, Ohio
Public Media Connect (CET and ThinkTV) is currently looking for a multi-media journalist (MMJ) to help launch and sustain a new solutions-journalism-based community affairs initiative.
As MMJ, you will be part of a small creative and dynamic team that is working to share and create solutions-driven stories and conversations about complex issues shaping our region (southwestern Ohio).
We are looking for self-starters who can build and sustain great contacts. We need journalists who are interested in taking a deep dive into the issues as well as the solutions that are being implemented. How well are they working? What can we learn from them? What can our cities learn from each other – and other models, as well?
This is a rare opportunity! Candidates have a chance to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in helping us create a brand new program at CET and ThinkTV, based in great story telling and sound journalism, not the 24/7 news cycle.
Strong candidates will have an awareness and an interest in solutions journalism, as well as applying the practice across multiple platforms, including web/print, podcasts, social media and broadcast. Further training may be provided.
- Sourcing, reporting stories, building news contacts, and developing original material for CET & ThinkTV.
- On-Air Reporting/Commentary or hosting as-needed for podcast, digital videos and broadcast episodes. This effort is multi-platform and we’ll be building a presence and community via podcast, print/web, video and broadcast.
- Writing and copy editing scripts and print stories for web.
- Plan, light and shoot footage and sound with field equipment.
- Edit short packages or roll-in videos with NLE software, such as Adobe CC
- Support other public affairs efforts as needed, e.g. debates and election coverage.
- At least 3 years of television or digital news reporting.
- A degree in broadcast journalism, communications or degree in related fields, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience executing stories in the field and in the studio for broadcast or digital platform distribution.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues in various positions and levels with timeliness, accuracy, professionalism, tact and discretion.
- A positive attitude and a good work ethic are key to being the right candidate.
- Ability to work independently AND collaboratively under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated on-camera/on-mic presentation skills
- Ability to adopt new approaches to storytelling and reporting
- Ability to research and find solutions-in-action within southwestern Ohio or beyond
- Excellent oral and demonstrated writing skills with careful attention to detail, especially in coordinating communication with colleagues and external stake holders.
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, project planning and time management skills
- Must have good news judgment
- Events important to coverage may occur outside of typical day-side work hours. Candidates must be flexible to meet these needs as they occur.
- Working on-site/in the field is expected, however, PMC currently maintains a hybrid work approach in which team members can be based remotely two days a week, with three days in office. This is based on manager’s agreement.
- Must be able to carry 30 pounds of gear and have a clean driving record.
- Geographic coverage area will be limited, but as a regional effort, travel between Cincinnati and Dayton stations may be required on an as needed basis.
- More general information about Solutions Journalism: https://www.solutionsjournalism.org/
- Knowledge of the Cincinnati/ Dayton region
- PMC’s solutions-driven storytelling will be focused on a limited number of beats at any given time, each representing complex issues for our communities. An interest or past experience within the following coverage areas is helpful:
- Housing & Community Development
- Community/Public Health
- Poverty & Economic Mobility
- Sustainability & Environment
- Crime & Justice
- Civic Engagement/Democracy, etc.
If interested please send resume to email@example.com
Public Media Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for all employees. Inclusion is one of our core values, wherein we respect the broad diversity of our communities and strive to reflect it in our programs, services, board, and staff.