Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
ThinkTV is an equal opportunity employer.View EEO Public File Report
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Public Media Connect (PMC), the regional public television partnership of ThinkTV in Dayton, CET in Cincinnati and the Southwestern Ohio Instructional Technology Association (SOITA) in Dayton, is looking for an experienced part-time Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager for PMC, this Dayton-based position will be responsible for a variety of Accounts Receivable and Administrative functions including, but not limited to:
Performing all aspects of the Accounts Receivable function, including working with vendors, entering invoices and processing payments into the bank, plus the following:
- Process and send monthly billings for SOITA, ThinkTV and CET.
- Posts payments by recording cash, checks and credit card transactions.
- Weekly input & reconciliation of donations from the Membership Department.
- Ensures PMC collects its funds in a timely and accurate manner
- Conducts collections calls on outstanding invoices and reviews with Accounting Manager when necessary.
- Investigates and helps resolve any account discrepancies.
- Strives to meet or exceed customer expectations and focusing on continuous improvement in the daily processes of conducting business.
- Assist the Finance Department with administrative duties as well as ordering and stocking of office supplies and snacks.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who values speed and accuracy and has an eye for improving inefficient processes. Additionally, this candidate will have:
- Experience using Sage accounting software.
- 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience, preferred.
- Experience making collections call, required.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.
Job Type: Part Time
Hours per week:
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Email: hr(at)thinktv(dot)org or call 937-220-1745
School Readiness Coordinator
The School Readiness Coordinator at Public Media Connect (CET and ThinkTV) develops, promotes and delivers professional development opportunities for early childhood educators and caregivers across the Cincinnati/Dayton PBS viewing areas. Professional development focuses on meaningful media integration and leverages PBS programming and resources from PBS KIDS. The person in this position identifies and develops partnerships with early childhood organizations, agencies, and networks to identify and serve the needs of educators and caregivers serving the region’s youngest learners, with an emphasis on alignment with Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association (OCCRRA) and Ohio’s Step Up to Quality requirements. The person in this position ensures adherence to policy, assists with program administration, and strives to expand and ensure access to program materials and educational services for diverse audiences. This position reports to the Manager of Learning Services and will be based at CET in Cincinnati.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience teaching in an early childhood setting (childcare centers, PreK, Head Start, or other preschool programs).
- Experience planning and delivering professional development for educators and/or childcare providers.
- Experience in educational project development and/or curriculum writing.
- Experience and success securing program funding through grant and proposal writing.
- Experience facilitating in person and/or virtual community education programs for kids and/or their families and guardians.
- Experience utilizing PBS resources in early learning settings.
- Familiarity with the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Familiarity with the Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association program, and willingness to pursue Level 3 trainer certification.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Familiarity with disparities in educational environments and a commitment to advancing educational equity.
The following is a list of typical duties, but is not all-inclusive:
- Write trainings that can be approved by OCCRRA.
- Present workshops to childcare providers, family childcare providers, and parents.
- Write standards-based curriculum for early childhood audiences.
- Present to children in the classroom as needed.
- Attend trainings as required to fulfill project requirements or to maintain relevant certifications.
- Order, arrange and distribute books and other materials necessary to present PBS workshops.
- Work with other Ohio PBS stations to provide Ohio Ready To Learn (ORTL) workshops, and other events.
- Train and supervise contracted professional development providers.
- Maintain accurate records of trainings and attendees, and provide timely reports for all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with other departments on writing grants and fulfilling their requirements.
- Represent the stations with local, regional and state organizations and agencies, as needed, and attend meetings of various early childhood organizations, agencies, and networks.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION This position will require the ability to work some evenings and weekends, with occasional local/regional travel as projects warrant. Some national travel for partner meetings and professional development may be an opportunity.
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer