Surprise your sweetie by learning how to make a charcuterie board that is not only delicious, but is also visually stunning! Master the art of arranging meats and cheeses on this episode of “Hobby Hunting!”
Here’s All You Need:
- A Serving Platter or Board
- Assorted Cheeses (variety of type, shape, color, and size)
- Assorted Meats (salami, prosciutto, ham, etc)
- Assorted crackers (different sizes and shapes)
- Fresh Herbs
Here’s the how-to:
- Start by preparing your fruits and meats. If using strawberries, slice them in half long-way. If using kiwi, cut them in half with a zig-zag pattern to create a cool effect. For pepperoni or salami, fold in half twice to create a triangle shape and then slide onto a toothpick. Keep folding and placing the pepperonis/salamis on the toothpick until it fills up. Create as many toothpicks full of pepperonis as you’d like to fill your board.
- Prepare the cheese. For goat cheese, use a Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Cheese log which is prettiest and easiest to serve when sliced. For cheddar cheese, slice rectangular pieces of cheese in half on a diagonal from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and then stack them up alternating sides to create a cool effect.
- Now start your board! Begin by placing a long item through the center of the board on a diagonal. We used the pepperonis/salamis for this, but you could also use crackers or slices of cheese.
- Place different groups/sections of crackers and cheese on the board, alternating sides and shapes to fill it up.
- Add in your fruits and nuts to fill in the gaps.
- Place fresh herbs on top to add a little extra flair.