PBS Kids Read-Along is a collection of video storybooks that support families and kids’ reading skills. Featuring dozens of storybooks read aloud by local and national celebrities. Read-Along encourages a love of reading at home, helps young learner to explore books on their own, and offers parents and caregivers tips to make reading time fun for the whole family.
We encourage you to READ TOGETHER and BE TOGETHER as you explore the PBS Kids Read-Along collection, brought to you by ThinkTV, PBS Kids and the Dayton Metro Library.
Miss Winnie’s Read-Alongs
Miss Ann’s Read-Alongs
Miss Amanda Wright Lane’s Read-Alongs
PBS Kids Read-Alongs
Tips for Encouraging Young Readers
- Be a reader yourself.
- Set aside a consistent time each day for reading.
- Read aloud to your reader.
- Allow your child to choose books for summer reading.
- Help your child select books at a comfortable level.
- For younger children, look at letters and words as you enjoy summer activities.
- Check out summer programs at your local public library.
- Read a book together.