Stephanie makes delicious ricotta toast topped with white fish caviar.
On this episode, Stephanie makes the perfect treat for any occasion: Ricotta Toast! She uses homemade ricotta mixed with green onion and chives on a quality toasted bread and topped with white fish caviar, but the combination possibilities are endless. This simple yet delicious recipe will make the perfect addition to your next dinner party, or could even be enjoyed as your next mid-day snack.
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese (drained)
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- bread of choice, sliced
- olive oil for toasting the bread
- For decorating:
- green onions, sliced longwise
- Whitefish caviar
- Combine green onions, chopped fresh herbs, and salt with the ricotta cheese and set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread with olive oil. Place on hot griddle and brown the bread on both sides. Remove from griddle.
- Spread a generous amount of ricotta cheese on toast.
- Decorate by placing chives and/or green onions on top of the ricotta to resemble a flower stem.
- Dollop the whitefish caviar along the top and sides of the chive/onion stems to resemble flowers.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to a day in advance.
- Other variations for delicious ricotta toast include:
- Plain ricotta cheese drizzled with honey and pistachio nuts
- Mix ricotta with chopped fresh thyme, add orange slices and drizzle with honey
- Mix ricotta with chopped fresh dill, cover with smoked salmon and top with lemon zest