Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
Looking for a dish to take to a holiday family gathering? This sweet potato casserole is a true southern dish sure to wow the entire family!
- Peel and chop up the sweet potatoes and place in boiling water until soft.
- Mix the cooked sweet potatoes, milk, granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and mix well.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add mini marshmallows on top.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.