Spell Your Name
Learning how to spell your name is one of the first skills taught to children as they enter elementary school. Help them out at home by creating this fun craft to engage their learning beyond the school walls!
- Cut the lid off of the cardboard box, then cut down the sides until they are 1-2 inches tall.
- Place the black felt inside the box and secure with double-sided tape.
- Draw parking spots for the cars using the white paint pen. Count out how many spots you will need for the name you wish to spell and draw them accordingly.
- Cut out small square pieces of paper and write each letter of the name you are spelling on each piece of paper. Do this two times so that you have the full name for the cars and the parking spots.
- Use the double-sided tape to attach each letter to the roof of a car and the parking spots.
- Once all the cars have letters on top, place them in the box out of order.
- Let your child “drive” the cars into the parking spots, matching up the letters on the cars to the spots, spelling their name.